Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bang your Head in Peace


Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Wildlife is designed to survive very effectively in the elements and environments they live in. The Woodpecker can bang their bills against trees all day and not get a headache because they have straight, strong, chisel-like bills that help them tear into dead wood after grubs or to build nesting cavities. The woodpecker skull encloses the brain so tightly it cannot move, avoiding concussions. And the woodpecker's highly efficient neck muscles produce on-going series of rapid movements.

I see this and realize my spiritual life has a specific design. I always laugh when I think of myself banging my head against the wall mentally or spiritually all day long and somehow surviving. When I draw close to God He cushions the blows drawing tight around me and strengthening my muscles. Bringing me a peace that passes understanding in great turmoil. I need the tools to work in the environment God put me in. without his tools of prayer, scripture and fellowship the blows are devastating and those trees of life are painful when I bang against them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home